Below is the information to help persons involved in Acid Attacks.
If you are a victim or a bystander to an Acid Attack, try to follow these 6 simple steps to help.
- Call Emergency Services Immediately.
- Lean the person forward to let gravity drip the acid away and use fresh clean water to rinse the affected area.
- Ensure you you only use clean water to minimise the risk of infection.
- Remove all the jewellery or clothing which had contact with acid.
- Don’t apply any kind of cream, ointment on the affected area as it may slow the treatment procedure by doctors.
- Continue to flush the affected area until emergency services arrive.